Evening Trad Placements and Anchors: A Ground School Course
$40.00 – $100.00
Sliding Scale Course Fees | Women’s Wilderness has created a sliding scale for all its Women’s programs in an effort to keep our courses affordable to a wide range of people. All our pricing scales are significantly below the prices of for-profit companies. The top price represents the actual cost to run the course, and the second two tiers represent scholarships. We set forth no criteria and trust that each individual will pay what they feel is appropriate.
Have you always wanted to learn how to properly place traditional gear and build gear anchors? Have you learned these skills, but haven’t found the time to practice? Maybe you need a refresher? Summers can be busy and filled with activities and it can be hard to find time to practice important climbing skills. These half day courses will provide you with a few hours of ground school instruction and practice placing active and passive gear and building gear anchors. This is also a time for you to ask a certified AMGA Single Pitch Instructor questions to satisfy your curiosity.
In this group you will meet and connect with other women in the community who may become your new friend or climbing partner and someone you can continue to practice these skills with.
In this course, you will:
- Learn best practices for placing active and passive traditional gear.
- Get direct feedback on placements.
- Understand the components of a SERENE anchor.
- Place gear and build gear anchors on the ground.
- Meet other women in the climbing community.
Dates: June 11 or July 8 or July 17
Time: 5:30pm – 8:00pm
Location: Boulder Canyon
This course is appropriate for women who:
- Want to learn how to place traditional gear and build and remove traditional anchors
- Have time to practice these skills outside with real rock
Instructor: Becca Droz