Outdoor G.I.R.L.S. is a weekly after school program for immigrant, refugee, and asylee girls.
Over the course of the year, participants will connect with each other and experience outdoor and outdoor-related activities, ranging from nature walks to bird watching to rock climbing. No experience is necessary. We provide gear, transportation, instruction and inspiration.
- Who: 5th-12th grade girls
- Where: The Village Institute, 1440 Elmira Street, Aurora, CO
- Mondays 5:00-7:00 – Young Leaders 12th grade-21 years old
- Tuesdays 4:00-6:00 – Younger Outdoor GIRLS group 5th grade-8th grade
- Thursdays 4:00-6:00 – Older Outdoor GIRLS group 9th grade-11th grade
- Saturdays (once per mont) – all groups go on a climbing or hiking expedition
If you want to learn more about the program, enroll, or become sponsor, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.