At Women’s Wilderness, we believe that all girls, regardless of ability to pay, should have access to life-changing wilderness experiences.
In 2016, we awarded over $35,000 to 33 girls so that they could participate in our programming.
In our 18 years of programming, we have never turned a girl away for financial reasons.
Over 75% of the girls awarded financial aid come from families that live at under 150% of the Federal Poverty Guideline.
Your gift supports transformational programming.
- $25 donation provides meals for 2 days for a girl
- $50 helps us buy a camp stove
- $100 sponsors a parent and daughter so they can attend a canoe course
- $250 buys a tent
- $500 allows us to buy three new climbing ropes
- $1000 sponsors a middle school girl for a full-ride scholarship for 6-day Adventure Camp
- $2000 sponsors a high school girl for a full-ride scholarship on a 2017, 12-day Leadership Course
- $5000 covers our van rental…for the entire summer season
COLORADO CHILD CARE CONTRIBUTION CREDIT: MORE THAN HALF OF YOUR DONATION COMES BACK TO YOU!
Women’s Wilderness is a qualified child care facility for the State of Colorado, which means that your donation of $250 or greater, up to $200,000, to a qualified program qualifies for a 50% childcare contribution credit on your taxes.
This information should not be construed as tax advice, and as always, you should consult your tax advisors for the most accurate information.
- Your donation still qualifies as a charitable deduction on your Federal income tax
- Donation must be made as a single gift, paid in full via check, cash, credit card, direct bill or electronic funds transfer
- You can take advantage of the tax credits regardless of whether you itemize or not
- Both individuals and corporate donors can benefit from this tax credit program
- In-Kind donations are not eligible for this credit
The table below illustrates how a large part of your donation comes back to you in various tax credits and deductions.