At Women’s Wilderness, we believe that all girls, regardless of ability to pay, should have access to life-changing wilderness experiences. We have been doing this work for TWENTY years this summer!
We are currently fundraising for our Get Us to the Trailhead campaign, which will ensure that 2018 continues our twenty-year tradition of NEVER turning away a girl in financial need.
We will be hosing our 20th birthday party on May 20th, 2018 at Flagstaff Summit – The party is FREE and open to everyone in our community. You can RSVP HERE.
In 2017, we awarded over $35,000 in need-based financial aid to girls so that they could participate in our programming.
Over 75% of the girls awarded financial aid come from families that live at under 150% of the Federal Poverty Guideline.
Your gift supports transformational programming.
- $25 donation provides meals for 2 days for a girl
- $50 helps us buy a camp stove
- $100 sponsors a parent and daughter so they can attend a canoe course
- $250 buys a tent
- $500 allows us to buy three new climbing ropes
- $1000 sponsors a middle school girl for a full-ride scholarship for 6-day Adventure Camp
- $2000 sponsors a high school girl for a full-ride scholarship on a 2017, 12-day Leadership Course
- $5000 covers our van rental…for the entire summer season
COLORADO CHILD CARE CONTRIBUTION CREDIT: MORE THAN HALF OF YOUR DONATION COMES BACK TO YOU!
Women’s Wilderness is a qualified child care facility for the State of Colorado, which means that your donation of $250 or greater, up to $200,000, to a qualified program qualifies for a 50% childcare contribution credit on your taxes.
This information should not be construed as tax advice, and as always, you should consult your tax advisors for the most accurate information.
- Your donation still qualifies as a charitable deduction on your Federal income tax
- Donation must be made as a single gift, paid in full via check, cash, credit card, direct bill or electronic funds transfer
- You can take advantage of the tax credits regardless of whether you itemize or not
- Both individuals and corporate donors can benefit from this tax credit program
- In-Kind donations are not eligible for this credit
The table below illustrates how a large part of your donation comes back to you in various tax credits and deductions.