The Search is on for TWWI's 2012 Photography Intern!
The search is on for the individual who wants to flex their creative muscles as our Photography Intern! Every summer, we capture on film (or in the digital realm) the fun, adventure, smiles, laughter and bonding that happens on Girls' Wilderness Program courses. Our Photography Intern will fulfill several major photography initiatives, involving management of the organization's photography, promotional photography materials, web photos and maintaining our photo sharing on the internet, and creating our end of the summer slideshow for our Girls' Wilderness Program! This is a multi-tasking job that requires a self-directed, reliable individual with a wide variety of skills.
Applicants need the following skills and experience:
• Have significant work and/or experience with photography and photo management.The intern will be responsible for the following:
• Have a basic understanding of internet based photography.
• Basic Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, ImageReady, In-Design skills.
• Have creative and artistic vision. Graphic design skills a plus.
• Extraordinary attention to detail and high level of organization.
• Internet skills and an interest in Internet marketing.
• Basic office and computer skills including experience and/or aptitude with Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel.
• Excellent people skills, and solid written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively in a small non-profit structure.
• Photography management for all Girls'/Women's courses in 2012: internet photography for website, selecting, formatting and maintaining photos for 2013 catalog.Dates: Four months - June 2012 through September 2012.
• Selecting, printing, and developing photos for various events.
• Implement a way to share photos with participants after their course
• Maintain photo quality and organization for marketing, media, web and newsletter purposes.
• Assist with web photography for website
• Other management tasks as assigned by the Volunteer Coordinator and Executive Director.
Times: 5-6 hours a week, Monday - Friday (Days are flexible).
Benefits: Opportunity to photograph Girls' Wilderness and Women's Course days in 2012 and a space on a Women's Wilderness one-day course in 2012.To apply: Please send a letter of interest to Lori Mathews by May 31st