Jobs and Internships
Now hiring for 2014 field staff! Want to work for an organization dedicated to giving women and girls a sense of voice and power? Want to be a part of a workplace that has a whole room dedicated to outdoor gear and takes mandatory Frisbee breaks at noon? We did too….
There are no current openings in our office.
Field staff are at the heart of our mission.The Women's Wilderness Institute strives to hire the best professional staff in the industry - women dedicated to connecting, encouraging and strengthening the women and girls who attend our courses. We are committed to offering a competitive daily rate, professional development opportunities and a positive and powerful environment in which to work.
We are excited for our 2014 course offerings and look forward to another year of exceptional courses lead by vibrant women.
Please read below and the subsequent attachments for more detailed information on open positions, and feel free to email with inquiries.
Successful applicants for Field Staff positions must possess at minimum the following experience, skills and current certifications:
- Wilderness First Responder - must be current for the period of employment (not in a grace period) Need to get your WFR? We're offering a full WFR Course!
- Adult CPR
- A minimum of 2 seasons working in a mission-oriented outdoor education.
If applying specifically for Girls' Wilderness Programming:
- Experience working with youth ages 8-18 (prefer experience working in girls-only environments)
- Able to manage a top-rope climbing site (teach belay school, helmet & harness fitting, set a "safe zone", and manage novice belayers)
- Able to manage a group of up to 10 girls in remote mountainous environments. Knowledge of mountain hazards - weather, animals, snow fields, falling trees, etc. and ability to teach basic backpacking curriculum - camp selection, kitchen safety management, group travel, navigation, route finding, stream crossing, etc.
The hiring process:Applications will be reviewed starting January 2014.
- Download and complete the Field Staff Application and Reference Form
- Email the completed application along with your professional resume and an outdoor resume pertinent to the skill area that you are applying to instruct to email@example.com
- Download and send 3 separate copies of the reference form to 3 different references (preferably from prior employers and managers). Have the reference form in as soon as possible to make you application complete.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
We offer a range of paid and unpaid internships each year. The following is a sample of our typical internship offerings. Dates are approximate; please check back for postings during the time periods listed below.
Program Director Assistant
Spring Summer: May-September
Program Director Assistant Information and Requirements
(Please fill out Field Staff Application and Reference Forms)
Program Assistant position has been filled for 2014
Field Intern: June – August
Field Intern position has been filled for 2014
Photography & Media Internship:
June - September
This is an amazing opportunity to get creative and help with marketing initiatives for a wilderness adventure organization tailored to women and girls that has been providing wilderness adventures for 17 years. Click here to read the full internship description and application requirements.
We are sometimes able to create unpaid individualized internship opportunities. Please send your inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Volunteering
Getting involved with Women’s Wilderness can happen on many levels! Why not volunteer? We can always use enthusiastic and talented folks on our team! Read more about volunteering with TWWI.
The Women’s Wilderness Institute is an Equal Opportunity